Today I’m so thrilled to introduce you to my friend and health coach Sarah Potter from Be Healthy Happy You!
I met Sarah last year and was lucky enough to work with her for six months of health coaching. Sarah helped me to completely overhaul my eating habits, which had definitely slipped since Harry was born in 2013. When I first started working with Sarah, I was living off a diet super high in processed and sugary food, drinking too much wine, and I had a pretty heavy caffeine addiction. I also had no energy and I struggled to make it through a whole day without an afternoon nap.
Thankfully, I found Sarah! She worked her magic and helped me to get organised and motivated in the kitchen. My energy levels are finally back to normal, and I’ve lost over 10kg!
Not only is Sarah a stellar health coach, she is also one of the most friendly and genuine people I know. She’s a real gem.
Because I adore Sarah’s take on all things health and wellness, I asked her to write a special post for Sunny Mondays, and here it is: The 3 Pillars to help you live a life that’s bubbling with happiness and bursting with health.
And make sure you read to the bottom for details of Sarah’s latest amazing health coaching package 🙂
To live a healthy, happy life we need to lay down some foundations. I believe that there are 3 main pillars we need to stick strongly in the ground to successfully live a healthy, happy life we love!
Pillar 1 – Be Yourself
Now that may sound easy right? But if I asked you tell me who you are could you answer me with more than your name? Could you tell me that you’re 100% happy with who you are? That when you look in the mirror you love what you see?
Tips for being yourself:
- Get off the comparison wagon. It’s time to stop telling yourself you wish you were as pretty, skinny, clever, popular, funny, rich ,x, y and z as ‘her’. Love yourself. Love your quirks, love what makes you you. Be proud of liking what you like and speak up for the things you disagree with. There is only one you – love it and own it. Stop worry and comparing. Instead start loving and celebrating who you are.
- Be grateful – the more we see how wonderful our life is, the more wonderful it becomes! Every morning when you wake up be grateful that you’re here to see another day. Try saying 3 things out loud that rock in your life. Sunshine? Family? A job you love? Your dog? Fresh air? Swims at the beach? Catch ups with the girls? Long soaks in the bath? Be grateful for it all!
- Meditate – spend time by yourself, go inward to find quiet and just be. Meditating is a great time to relax and be comfortable with who you are. Don’t be put of by the idea that it’s ‘hippie’ (thats what I used to think). Check out Melissa Ambrosini for some great guided meditations to get you started.
Pillar 2 – Be Well
If I could give you one tip to help you live a healthy, happy life it would be to be well. If we aren’t well then we have no energy, no spark, no drive, no bubble, no creative juices, no hunger for life.
So how do we get well and stay well?
- Fill up on the good stuff – good food, good liquids, good thoughts, good movement, good relationships. – fill your life with this stuff – it’s gold!
- Believe that you’re deserving enough you deserve to have the life you want because you are! Don’t settle. Amazing lives aren’t reserved for rich, beautiful people – an amazing life is reserved right here. And it’s for you!
- Cut out the junk – Cut out anything that’s not serving you or helping you to create the life you desire. Think relationships, food, career, thoughts, plans, people, habits, things.
Pillar 3 – Be First (put yourself first)
If you find it hard to say no or are people pleasing all the time then I suggest a reevaluation. There is NO WAY that you can be the best version of yourself if you’re putting others first all the time. It’s not selfish to go to bed early, to go away for a girlie weekend or to need an evening alone in the bath with some candles and a good book. If you’re feeling drained by friends, colleagues or family try these tips.
- Say no – It’s ok to say no and have no other reason to say it than the fact that you don’t want to. Say it nicely and move on. Guilt free. I give you permission.
- Do something for you every day – Go for a walk, read a book, drink a cup of tea in the sun, watch trashy TV. Do something you want to do (not what you think you should be doing) every day. Just for you.
- Prioritise – You don’t have to do everything at once. Make list writing your new best friend. Make sure doing something for you each day is at the top of your to do list along with the other important jobs of the day.
Connect with Sarah
Sarah is a health and wellness coach based in Dunedin, New Zealand. She is a writer, talker, happiness magnet and lover of sunshine and traveling. She believes that everyone deserves to live a life they love! Sarah’s mission is to inspire as many people as possible to create healthy happy lives.
With the arrival of Spring (yay!) Sarah has released her Spring Kickstart package which gives you access to her 5 Day Spring Cleanse and three 1:1 coaching sessions for only $159! You can find out more about this amazing offer here.
Over to you, Mama //
How do you include the 3 pillars of health and happiness in your daily life?
Where do you need a bit of a health or happiness upgrade?
Let me know in the comments below.